I’m excited to announce my new ‘How to…’ series starting on the blog today. Hope you enjoy!
I’m kicking off the series with ‘How to…clean your home in 30 minutes.’ I wouldn’t say our apartment is a disaster. However, I wouldn’t say that it’s always perfectly clean and in order. When we have company coming over or I’m starting to feel a lack of inspiration due to piles everywhere or unhung clothes, I start cleaning, and the mood instantly changes. We are all so busy in our lives that rarely can we spend hours on end cleaning our living space. That’s why I have learned to master the ’30 minute clean.’
- Put on upbeat music that will keep you rocking
- Make a game plan that would even impress an NCAA coach
- In each room, make pretty piles
- Trash (anything you don’t need, won’t look at again)
- File (anything you need to save, but don’t need right then)
- Active (anything that needs to be handled in a timely manner – bills, etc)
- Clean (items that are clean and need to be hung, folded, or put away)
- Miscellaneous Items
- Anything else that needs to be put away
- Now, put all those piles away. For those items that need to be handled (such as bills) put them in a neat pile on your desk
- Do a quick wipe of the countertops and tables
- Vacuum or sweep the floor, if necessary
- Do this plan at least once a week. If you are one who puts away your clothes as you take them off, you deserve a cookie (that’s not me, unfortunately). Do this as often as possible, as to never let any pile get too high or any room too messy.
…and now your home is clean, and all is right again in the world. You deserve a large glass of wine.