I love color. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it many more times to come, but I’m a huge fan of color in my wardrobe. Of course, I still wear neutrals a lot of the time, but if you look in my closet you’ll see tons of color, from very bright to soft and subtle. I know not everyone enjoys wearing color. I have dear friends of mine who live in black, grey, and white (no problem with that), but many people have told me they are unsure of mixing color into their palette. Either they think they don’t know how, don’t know where to begin, or are just hesitant because for as long as they can remember they’ve been wearing black, grey, and white. Here is how to…work color into your wardrobe.
- Start with an accessory, such as a scarf, piece of jewelry, or bag.
- Find a more subtle, colorful bottom and pair it with a white or black blouse.
- Wear a light color, such as a pastel, and work your way up to bold and bright.
- Throw on a colorful blazer, cardigan, or jacket over your neutral ensemble so you can continuously take it off and on throughout the day or night, if you feel the need.
- Buy a bathing suit in a bold color, as it’s not something you would wear all the time, but laying by the pool or beach is the perfect place for bright colors.
- Next time you’re at the nail salon, have your nails painted a beautiful color instead of something neutral, as it’ll start making you get more comfortable with the idea of color.