When it’s scorching hot outside, the last thing I want is to be wearing a lot of makeup. My makeup routine changes when the warm months hit, and I try to keep it as light as possible. Of course, if going to an event or party, I will add some eyeliner and a bit more to my look, but for day-to-day work, running around, meetings, and plans with friends, I stick to the basics.
- My absolute favorite makeup product is Trish McEvoy’s Beauty Booster Tinted Moisturizer (I use ‘shade 2′) with SPF 20 in it. I was always so hesitant with tinted moisturizers because I thought they would make me look cakey and greasy. This one is the complete opposite. It goes on easily (with the application brush), is very natural looking, and makes your skin look extra smooth. This is the first thing I put on before any other makeup product.
- My eyebrows tend to get a little out of control at times, so I always use eyebrow gel once I’ve applied my tinted moisturizer.
- I then put on a few coats of Clinique Naturally Glossy Jet Black Mascara. It’s the only mascara I’ve ever used since I first started wearing makeup.
- I like a little more color on my cheeks, and Nars ‘Orgasm’ Blush has always been my go-to; it’s the perfect color, not too pink.
- My mom always reminds me to never leave the house without lip gloss. She thinks it’s a simple way to complete a look. While I do sometimes forget, I try to remember to dab on a few coats of something with very little color for day time, and Chanel’s Cristalle Gloss #17 does the trick.