The past few months I’ve been a bit ‘adventurous’ with my makeup. And by adventurous I mean I have strayed a bit from my normal routine consisting of the same old products. I stepped out of my comfort zone, and went on a makeup shopping spree to find some new items I can call my favorites. And below are my current essentials.
1. Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer – I absolutely love this primer. You don’t even know it’s on your face, it is oil free so there is no cakey residue, and it allows your makeup to go on smoother than ever.
2. CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara – I found this mascara on a whim. I was checking out at the grocery store, and it was right there where all those other little impulse purchases are, I brought it home, and I haven’t stopped using it since.
3. IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream – I was a bit hesitant to use a CC cream. BB Cream, CC cream – aren’t they all the same? However, when at Ulta not too long ago, I asked someone what the best non greasy tinted moisturizer was, and she assured me it was this one. Well, let me tell you – she was quite accurate. I’m in love. It gives the perfect amount of coverage.
4. Laura Geller Bronze n Brighten – This item is by no means a new product. I’ve been using it for as long as I can remember, yet it is still my all time favorite bronzer. Ever.
5. Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray – After you’ve done your makeup, spray some of this as the finishing touch and your makeup will look as good as new all day. It became a favorite item of mine rather quickly.
6. Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick – I’ve been living in red lipstick lately. Mostly I’ll wear it at night, but sometimes I’ll throw it on during the day because…why not.